The iconic smartphone brand Samsung is all set to shake up the smartphone market with its latest Galaxy variant. After unveiling the first two models under its millennial-centric M-series last month, the Samsung loyalists are now eagerly waiting to welcome the latest sensation – Samsung Galaxy M30. With a starting price of INR 14,990, this Android phone is well within the reaches of higher middle-class Indian citizens. This feature-rich smartphone comes with killer specifications that can give the competitors a mighty run for their money. No doubt, we will be experiencing a massive rush from prospective buyers as soon as the sale commences from the 7th of March on Amazon India.
Samsung Galaxy M30 At A Glance
|Name||Samsung Galaxy M30|
|Price||INR 14,990 for 4GB|
INR 17,990 for 6GB
|Sale Starting (Amazon)||07-03-2019|
|Warranty||Yet to be told|
- 6.4″ (16.26 cm) AMOLED display with 1080 x 2280 pixels resolution
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Samsung Experience UI 9.5
- Exynos 7904 Octa-core processor
- Choice between 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage or 6 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage
- Triple rear camera – 13 MP primary + 5 MP depth sensor + 5 MP wide-angle front camera
- 16 MP frontal selfie camera
- 5,000 mAh battery capacity
Samsung Galaxy M30 flaunts an AMOLED display panel measuring 6.4″. The screen resolution is 1080×2280 pixels. It has a cool gradient design on the rear panel and offers two color options – Gradiation Black and Gradiation Blue. Smooth finish gives the texture an elegant outlook, but on the flip-side, it may attract smudges easily.
Powered by Exynos 7904 Octa-core processor, it offers two combination for RAM/storage. The base version has 4 GB RAM with 64 GB storage capacity, while you may as well go for the advanced 6 GB RAM plus 128 GB storage option.
As far as the operating system is concerned, Samsung Galaxy M30 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo underneath Samsung Experience 9.5 UI. While many expected it to feature the latest Android Pie OS, unfortunately that’s not the case at the moment. However, Samsung assures the potential buyers that upgrade to Android Pie will be available in the near future.
When it comes to camera, the Galaxy M30 is the first in class smartphone to bring triple rear camera feature. The vertically aligned camera setup consists of a primary 13 MP camera with a 5 MP depth sensor and a 5 MP wide-angle camera. In addition, there’s a 16 MP frontal selfie camera with support for Samsung’s very own Live Focus. The quality of pics is top notch and sure to meet your expectations. Moreover, the phone is equipped with latest features like Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, and Gyroscope.
Coming to the battery capacity, which has turned out to be a crucial aspect of modern-day smartphones, Galaxy M30 boasts of a 5000 mAh battery – which comes with support for fast charging through 15W charger provided in-the-box. Even under heavy usage, you can count on it to cover for your all-day activity.
- Amazing display quality – thanks to the Super AMOLED technology.
- Octa-core processor with 4/6 GB RAM provides excellent processing ability.
- First in class triple rear camera setup.
- Great selfie quality with 16 MP front camera.
- High capacity battery for extended run time.
- Quick charging with 15W adapter.
- Access to fingerprint sensor.
- At this price, one would expect it to run on the latest version of Android, not 8.1 Oreo.
Samsung Galaxy M30 has the right set of ingredients to impress the millennials. It scores well in every aspect like a true all-rounder and the early impression seems fairly positive. It is snappy, elegant and priced competitively. The jury is still out, but in all probability it’s going to be another jewel in Samsung’s illustrious crown.
We’re super excited to see how it fares against the Redmi Note 7.