Are you fascinated by drones? Does aerial photography interest you? Do you aspire to be a professional drone photographer? Or just looking for a useful birthday present for your kid?
No matter what your exact requirement is, camera drone can come handy in many circumstances. While drones are yet to become a household article in India, they are surely gathering traction among the common masses. There is no denying of the fact that drones have become the new go-to toy for people belonging to all age groups.
If you are new to drone flying and want to hone your flying skills, then it makes sense to opt for a budget one, before laying your hands on an expensive buy. With that equation in mind, here are the top 5 budget camera drones in the Indian market that are ideally suited for the beginners.
1. Magicwand Wi-Fi FPV Quadcopter
|Average Customer Rating||3.7 out of 5 Stars (Amazon)|
The first entry on our list of budget drones is Magicwand FPV quadcopter. It is the cheapest camera drone in the Indian market at present. Although diminutive in size and weight, it packs quite a punch with 2 megapixel HD video camera. It is compatible with iOS and Android smartphones through Wi-Fi connectivity to playback First Person View (FPV) footage in real time. You can stream the in-flight video live on social media directly.
Altitude hold, 3 different speed settings, auto return, single key take-off/landing, 360° roll and direction recognition sensor are a few of the advanced features available with this quadcopter. It can remain airborne for upto 10 minutes per charging cycle and has a control radius of 30 meters with 20 meters altitude ceiling.
- 2 MP HD camera
- Supports Android and iOS devices
- Real time FPV video streaming
- Altitude hold mode
- Manual speed control with three settings (low/medium/high speed)
- Single button take-off/landing
- Auto return function
- 10 minutes flight duration
- 30 meters control radius
- Basic automated flight modes available for better control.
- Price is exceedingly low considering the features.
- Flight duration is on the lower side.
- Takes a while for the battery to charge fully.
2. IZI Mini Camera Drone
|Average Customer Rating||2.4 out of 5 Stars (Amazon)|
With features like altitude hold, headless mode, adjustable gear speed and single button take-off/landing, IZI 1601 Mini is an easy to fly quadcopter for the beginner-level users. This quadcopter offers stable flight even in windy conditions. It comes fitted with a 2 megapixel camera to shoot still photographs and videos. It also has the ability to perform 360° barrel rolls. It is equipped with protective prop guards to prevent crash damages.
IZI mini gives you a control radius of nearly 50 meters. The flight time, when the battery is fully charged, is around 8 minutes. The craft can be controlled with a remote control, or you may even choose to operate it using a smartphone app. Streaming the video in real time is a breeze, thanks to built-in Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 2 MP digital camera
- Altitude hold mode
- Single button take-off/landing
- Three speed gear control
- 50 meters control radius
- 8 minutes flying time
- Extremely stable flight even in adverse weather.
- Can be controlled with inbuilt remote controller or smartphone based app.
- Extra protection with propeller guards.
- Battery drains off quickly.
- Image/video quality is not upto the mark.
3. Syma X5SW Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter
|Average Customer Rating||3.1 out of 5 Stars (Amazon)|
Syma X5SW is an ideal choice for the newbie users. Equipped with 6-axis flight control systems, 3D lock, and 2.4GHz transmitter, it is ranked among the most popular drones in the Indian market. While 0.3 MP camera is nothing to boast about, yet its amazing flight stability makes it a great tool to learn aerial photography tricks.
Instead of using the remote controller, you can easily integrate it with your Android/iOS smartphone to control the flight. Real time video streaming is possible with inbuilt Wi-Fi connectivity. You can fly it as high as 50 meters and for close to 8 minutes per charging cycle.
- 0.3 MP HD camera
- Equipped with 2.4GHz remote controller
- 6-axis gyroscope design for better stability while flying
- Easy integration with Android/iOS smartphone
- 8 minutes flight time
- 50 meters range
- Great in-flight stability.
- Availability of advanced features like 3D lock, IOC function and scheduled flight.
- Photo/video quality leaves a lot to be desired.
- Can remain in air for just around 8 minutes.
4. Haktoys HAK907C RC Quadcopter
|Average Customer Rating||3.5 out of 5 Stars (Amazon)|
Haktoys HAK907C is a budget drone that can be a good choice for the novice users. This compact quadcopter with 6-axis gyroscope design can remain airborne for 10 minutes. When it comes to the flying range, it offers a 90 meters control radius.
It comes with a default camera of 2 megapixel resolution. However, the camera slot offers the option of manual assembly. You can easily upgrade to any camera of your choice based on your exact requirement, budget and experience level. There is a 2.4GHz 4-channel remote controller to fly the quadcopter. Besides features like altitude hold, single button take-off/landing and return to home function, it can perform impressive 360° loops.
- 6-axis gyroscope design
- 2 MP default camera
- 4-channel remote controller
- Altitude hold, one button take-off/landing and return to home function
- Ability to perform impressive 360° loops.
- Option for after-market camera assembly.
- Best-in-class 90 meters flying range.
- Default camera is of low quality.
- Flight control difficulty in windy conditions.
5. DJI Tello
|Average Customer Rating||3.3 out of 5 Stars (Amazon)|
DJI is undoubtedly the most well-known commercial drone manufacturer in the world and Tello is their entry-level model. Coming from the reliable stable of DJI, you can be assured that Tello will provide you the expected level of performance and durability.
Availability of advanced auto flight control is the biggest advantage of DJI Tello. Scratch – a programmable flight control app developed by MIT is used to control the flying through any supported smartphone device. You can create pre-programmed flight paths for the drone to follow while you can keep yourself engaged with your photography responsibility. Expert drone pilots can play with the app to create a lot more automated flying options. DJI Tello can easily be controlled from a distance of upto 150 meters. The altitude ceiling is 50 meters and it can remain in air for 12-15 minutes.
If you are wondering about the camera capability, then rest assured that the 5 MP high-definition camera is capable of capturing quality photographs and videos. Electronic image stabilization feature helps in maintaining amazing clarity and sharp footage. You can stream the FPV video footage in real-time using your smartphone’s Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 5 MP HD camera with electronic image stabilization
- Advanced auto pilot features through MIT developed Scratch program.
- Real-time video streaming from supported mobile device (Android and iOS)
- Flying range of upto 150 meters
- Flight duration of upto 15 minutes
- Crisp and sharp captures – in both still and video mode.
- Advanced users can pre-program the entire flight through Scratch app.
- Excellent control range of upto 150 meters with 50 meters elevation limit.
- Mastering the art of flying can take some time for new users.
- This is the only DJI drone that doesn’t have inbuilt GPS tracker.
It takes a great amount of research to figure out the right specifications for your drone. Here we have made the task easier for you by taking care of all the research responsibilities. This hand-picked list of top 5 budget camera drones is carefully compiled keeping in mind all the requirements of entry-level drone flyers. All you need to do is to minutely analyze the pros and cons of each product to finalize the most suitable one.
So what’s your pick? Feel free to use the comments section to let us know.